Thursday, March 8, 2007

November 19, 2006

I am up for the challenge if you give me long enough to take it.

This is one of the biggest challenges I have taken on, dealing with a mass amount of people and bsing them all day long.

What I learned in high school, how to bs my way through the dumb classes and still get good grades, is what will help me here. I know how to do the job, but bsing the people is what has to happen. I will not lie to them but I will learn to placate with them to make the situations better. I will toughen up. I will act rude if I need to. I will not let them walk all over me. I will be strong. If they dont want to package I will send them to customer service to make note of it. I will not let them unload their stress onto me and waste 10 of my minutes yelling at me about dialing the wrong number. I have control of the situation. And, I will come up with an effective script to persuade them from ever thinking twice on questioning me. Not that they should anyway.

So, please dont let a few screw ups ruin my chances from taking on this challenge. My biggest challenges in life have always been in dealing with people, and now I can face it head on. Even though the fear of ever losing my job because they are having an off day and not being able to pay my bills, and hearing my parents tell me again that even if it means I die that they dont have the means to help me is high on my mind.

No comments: