Thursday, March 8, 2007

Growing Up

I have been writing in blogs since I was 14 years old. I am now 22, and still love it as an outlet.

I graduated from San Diego State with a degree in Communication and a minor in Sociology in May 2006. I loved it there, and miss it. I had no idea I would miss school so much, but I have.

It has been quite a few months now since I have been out, and have been experiencing the world as a grown up ever since.

I always considered myself more grown up than the rest, because unlike most people I went to school with, I paid my own way through college and could barely pull $20 out of my parents. I had no idea I would be experiencing what I am now. Its not exactly like it is horrible or anything, but it is definitely not ideal.

A day after graduate I started my first job after college. The job was not all it turned out to be. I ended up being everyone's bitch and doing things that did not require a college education. I was pissed about it. And to top it off, the boss was pretty crazy, and threw things at people and had hissy fits. I can't deal with the fear of thinking my boss might just throw something at me if I disagree with him, so I decided to leave.

I now work at another company, and the job has been a life lesson. I have almost 100 clients and it is hard to deal with it all. I am not a people person, I am a computer person, which is why I have the job I do. I am begining to like the job more than I thought I would, but I honestly can't say that I love it. Some days are good, some are bad. Some hours are great, and other hours are AWFUL. I take every swing as it comes, and try to keep from getting bruised.

Excuse me if I am being vague anywhere here. I am scared of getting Dooced, and am not entirely comfortable enough in my field to not worry about it, especially since I work in a field that is very familar with blogs.

I am more in debt than I ever thought was possible. I thought with a college degree and almost 2 years of experience in my field under my belt that I would be making more money. Especially since the type of job I have is supposedly very lucrative. Maybe just not at the companies I choose. Blah.

I am going to write in this blog as an outlet for my agression of this new world. One where I have to deal with having to get approved time off to be with my sister who is about to lose her newborn baby (she did too, which is another story), as well as deal with paying off student loans and credit card debt.

I am generally an optimistic person, but I am also one to use blogs to vent. If I sound like I am a negative person, that is just because I like to be negative only in writing. Might be bad, if writing is really the only thing that supercedes your existence.

I want to put things in here that I started back in Augusut of 06 I think. But I am not sure it will work right with the blog. If you see old stuff, that is why. I want it all in one place and I want to get rid of the other blog for security purposes.

No comments: