Thursday, March 8, 2007

December 21, 2006

Screw the corner office, I want my own bathroom. One of the biggest problems with working outside the home, or a tiny office, is that you have to share a bathroom. Sharing a bathroom is ALWAYS awkward. If you are not worried about what other people will think of you while you are in the bathroom, you have to smell the other people going the bathroom, and deal with their awkwardness and weirdness when they pretend that they do not go number 2. I just hate everything about it.

Things here have been getting better, although today was ridiculous. People you do a lot for, more than other people, often complain and try to screw you. I will never go the extra mile for ANYONE unless I have proof that they are nice. I HATE when people treat me like dirt, when I am the one who is making them money, and LOTS of it. eff you.

Also, as a person in a nerdy career, dominated in general by guys, I feel that my clients often think less of me because I am a woman. I feel that they quiz me more than they would a guy, I also feel that they dont trust me or think that I can do all the things that I can do. I hate that. I dont think it is me being paranoid either. Not all people, especially ones NOT from California, have the understanding that women can do nerdy things, like computer stuff, and can hold power and control over you. :-)

I am not sure if I assume people are thinking less of me (because of my gender), because I was a communication major with emphasis in gender relations, or because I am a victim feminist. Not sure. Either way, I am pretty sure again that I am not paranoid about this. I ask around to see if other people feel that they are getting quizzed constantly and I find it happens a lot more with women. and it would be very strange if it was just because these women just suck more than the men, when the women have the same if not more experience.

Anyway, enough about work.

The holidays are coming up. Very soon. Mike is already in Houston. It is strange around the house. The dogs were alone for 10 hours or so today. They escaped the kitchen and roamed the entire house for probably the whole day. They tore up some stuff, but nothing major. I am normally depressed around the holidays, but I think the constant torture of the nutcracker music (my least favorite music in the WORLD) for the last few weeks is really draining the lack of enthusiasm for the holiday, and made me just not care.

I dsicovered my credit score tonight. I found out what it was awhile ago, but then apparently it either rose 20 points or dropped. Some alert told me this. And then I went to check but they didnt tell me what it was before, so im not sure if it dropped or not. It kinda freaks me out.

Also, I need to get OUT of debt. It is like a black hole, especially around Christmas.

No comments: