Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Big Brother Continues to Watch

So I found out recently that at my work they monitor your keystrokes with some sort of software. I think it might be worse than Office Space, except my boss is pretty cool. Apparently they have access to all my passwords now, including my bank account and email account since I signed on there. I should change the password. How shady would that be if they looked though? Either way, why would you want to keep that?

Also, I am not allowed to work anywhere on the side basically. We are not allowed to work for anyone company that competes with ours. You might think, well thats easy you should just work for anything but that topic. But really, the corporation owns a TON of companies, so practically anywhere I work would go against that agreement.

On the plus side, I am going to SES New York on Monday. I canNOT wait for this. I was never a big fan of New York, but now I get to go for free and stay in a hotel right next to Central Park. Woo hoo! Also, I get to meet a bunch of SEO celebrities (well they are celebrities to me). If you haven't noticed yet, I am a nerd.

I have been thinking more about working. I did figure out that I am doing something that is helping me more than anything I have ever done, and that is talk. I am doing MUCH better than ever before. I even pick up the phone without worrying that the person will tear my head off. Even if they are about to, I am more apt to be able to handle it. I have the confidence now to stand up for myself and tell them that I am not responsible for their stupidity.

Also, a lot of my clients like me now. I can say that only a few don't like me, but that is just because they don't like anyone. I wish I could fire a client. But I don't think you can do that sort of thing, unless I make them hate me enough, which I would never do. Everyone talks about wishing that we could. Such a nice though.

I wonder if this is too much to say on here? I never mentioned names, so I doubt it.

Is big brother watching this? They told me that they know everything I do at work, and out of work. So they can prob see this. Not sure why they would be interested though....

Oh another thing. I have been working out a lot. For the past month I have worked out at least 3 to 4 times a week. Although I feel much better (more energy, less hungry, etc) I have lost NO weight. Maybe because I don't eat as great as I could. But I have also cut down on food too. So I am not sure what this is about. I have always been able to lose weight before when I wanted to. Its not like 22 is THAT old. Its not like 22 is the age where your body starts to slow down so much that you can't lose weight. Apparently I need to not eat at all. That way I will lose weight. I don't have motivation for that, especially when Mexican food exists.

Tomorrow, my two little brothers and sister are coming down to stay with me for a few days. They are all 16 (almost 17) so this may be one of the last times I can get them all together to spend a weekend with me. They are great kids. I am sure we will have a lot of fun.

Life is getting better for the most part. I am missing the chance of spring break like crazy (its my first year since I started school without it). I am going to pretend that my New York trip will be spring break, even though I will still have to kinda work.

My goal with this trip is to network the hell out of it. Not sure how exactly that will happen, but we shall see. I might be dressing nicer than my boss which is awkward, but I want to impress the people who might be very important to me in a few years.

By the way, I have been listening to the new bright eyes album through this streaming thing on Saddle-Creek.com. After my first listen, I am loving it. But I doubt I could ever hate. Seriously. I love Commander Venus and even I know that it is pretty terrible (at least in production). haha.

1 comment:

Skyline College said...

I’m really impressed with your article. Cool in looks informative in Material
bba india