Monday, April 23, 2007

Mondays

I feel like the more work I do, the more I am behind. Today I spent a ton of time on one client so that they would leave me alone for awhile. I think I made him think that he could use me more for more things.

Drama has been going on at work recently, and it is mostly due to the fact that the more work I do, the more I am behind. People are complaining and trying to bypass the chain of command to be heard about the over abundance of work. Its a bunch of drama that I think is going to erupt. It might have already erupted, but who knows. I have learned that things get around fast, and you cannot trust anyone. Not that I am innocent. Almost kidding.

I talked to a client today on the phone about how I still do not have a house. He tried to convince me that soon I will be able to. That I just need to move forward and get a town house. I have been considering this. Or I can move to Austin with Mike and afford a house. We shall see if that happens, but I think it is a serious option. This is exciting yet stressful for me. I am getting all these pictures of a real back yard and a washer and dryer INSIDE the house. You know, not having to walk a football field away with 3 loads of laundry in a basket that holds 2. Oh and you can't forget the heavy laundry detergent.

Everything has been stressful, but then again things are better in some ways. Work isn't as bad as when I first started. Since the trip to New York I got closer to my boss so things might go smoother. At least I am not as paranoid.

I wish jobs would pay more. I love the report I heard today, featured here, that says "Although women have made significant gains in education and income during the past three decades, the pay gap between college-educated men and women continues to widen in the years after graduation, experts say." Should I not be bitter? What the hell? Seriously.

My heart dropped when I heard this yet again. Why does it not get better? Is it my fault I get paid less then some douche bag who worked half as hard as me just because he has a penis. Grr. I should probably not let myself get started on this. Geesh.

I would love to go back to school and get my Masters in Women in the Media, but then again what would I do with that? And yes, I am still in the struggle of figuring out if I should do something I like (but who knows for how long) and doing something I love and believe 100% in. Who knows if I could ever succeed in the thing I love either.

Ehh.

Mike is coming back from Houston and will be here in 1.5 hours. I need to get my butt into gear and clean the house up. Last time I was gone for a week he had cleaned up the house before I got back. He told me that is just what it is like when I am not here to mess things up. I want to show him that I am cleaner when he is gone. Its a lie and he knows it.

If I lived on my own my house would be a complete pig sty.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi College Graduate,

You have a great blog! A lot of great reading material (just bookmarked it). My name is Lisa, and I work with the website ZooCaro.

I just came across your site and am very interested in exchanging links. As you know, reciprocal linking benefits both of us by raising our search rankings and generating more traffic to both of our sites. I am trying to help spread the word about our new College-Site.com site, which helps college grads find jobs. Please post a link to my Job Search site as follows:

Title: College-Site.com
URL: http://www.college-site.com/
Description: Helping College students and graduates connect with potential employers!

Once you've posted the link, let me know the URL of the page that it's on, and I will post it on our site.You can reply to me at izoocaro@gmail.com

Thank you very much,

Lisa

technical-trade-school said...

I stumbled upon your blog and I can relate to feeling overwhelmed. I have that feeling that they're always something to do and if you're not doing something, you have to find out what you are missing or what you could be doing. It's pretty stressful.